Tuesday, February 23, 2010

They're Out!

I've posted two new spring cloche hats on my etsy page at http://www.etsy.com/shop/TranzendentalArts and there are more to come!

I love these hats because they're light and colorful with lots of stretch - you hardly know you're wearing them! I've really enjoyed designing these pieces because I'm letting the materials lead my styling. Using recycled materials creates a unique challenge because the fabrics are different, the usable portions vary and these differences keep me from "mass producing" anything!

This weekend I just threw a bunch of t-shirts and turtlenecks into a pile and left them on the counter while I worked - every time I returned to the pile I "saw" a new hat and it kept me motivated. I thought I'd miss the patterns of my ties and sweaters, but utilizing the solid colors has opened up a whole new window.

I'm hoping to find some hat enthusiasts who really want "one of a kind" items. These aren't hats that will appeal to just anyone - but I'm on my way to creating enough variety that I think there's a good chance you'll find one you like.

Check them out and let me know what you think;


http://www.etsy.com/shop/TranzendentalArts

Cheers,

-cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment