Friday, February 19, 2010

Aha!

I'm working on drafting up a pattern for a SWEET little spring/summer cloche hat made from recycled knits - this is gonna be awesome! Once I have the basic pattern down I'll be able to do lots of fun stuff with this hat - I'm sooo excited!

I'm also going to make a run of the rasta tams out of lighter knits and crazy color-combinations. I think I'm gonna spend the whole weekend sewing, so I doubt I'll mind the nasty weather.

My biggest project once I get rolling is figuring a good "brim" for some of them - I've been saving pop bottles and I think they'll make a great stabilizer. I've got some really whack ideas rolling around in the back of my head for bizarro hat-brims too.

The more I listen to the news and revel in working for myself rather than for someone else... the more I worry about us all and hope for the best. My job though - keep myself covered and not be a drain on society. Hopefully I'll inspire some others to follow their bliss because it CAN work and it leads to such a great sense of power and peace.

Cheers,

-cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment